12.4.22 Advent // Week 2 Soundtracks // Philippians 4:4-9
Advent // Week 2
Soundtracks // Philippians 4:4-9
The Three Points of Peace
1. Heart (Emotions) = UP / Phil. 4:4-7
- Praise God with Joy
- Leads to Peace with Others
- Pray to God with Thanksgiving
- Leads to God’s Peace within You
2. Head (Thoughts) = IN / Phil. 4:8
- What dominates your thinking?
- Soundtracks - Thoughts that “play on repeat” in our minds; and impact our mood, relationships, and actions
- Is it true?
- Is it kind?
- Is it helpful?
- Jon Acuff’s Process
- Retire Old Soundtracks
- Replace with New Soundtracks
- Repeat the new Soundtracks
- What old soundtracks do you need to retire? Untrue, Unhelpful, Unkind
- What new soundtracks can fill your mind?
- Bible; Holy Spirit; Church; Friends
3. Hands (Actions) = OUT / Phil. 4:9
- Peace experienced in action
- Ideas for this Month
- Collect Meal Bags - due Dec 11th
- Distribute Meal Bags - Dec 18th (after the Emmaus Holiday Lunch)
- Caroling - next Sunday, 4pm (lobby)
- How can you GIVE and GO?
Jesus, Our Peace
- Our Hearts are Changed by Him
- Our Minds are Set on Him
- Our Actions are Guided by Him
*Do you know Him as Savior & Lord?