Women of Christmas // Week 2 Ruth 1-4 and Lady Wisdom (Prov. 31)
Women of Christmas // Week 2
Ruth 1-4 and Lady Wisdom (Prov. 31)
On this Second Sunday of Advent,
as we focus on the Peace of Christ,
Ruth (and Lady Wisdom) show us a...
1. Story of Providence
- God provides for and guides both His People and His Plan of Redemption
- We learn to trust God in the middle of difficulty and uncertainty.
- Peace, because God is in control
2. Story of Redemption
- God provides the Redeemer for His People.
- We experience salvation through the life, death,and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Peace, because sin and death have been defeated.
3. Story of Wisdom
- God shapes His People through Spiritual Wisdom.
- We pursue wisdom, learning from God’s Word, His Spirit, and His People.
- Peace, because wisdom leads to true and abundant life
Do you have Peace?
- Trusting that God is in control
- Experiencing His Salvation
- Living with Wisdom, not the ways of this world
- What does in look like to have peace in your home? In your work? In your life?
- How would you have responded if you were in Ruth’s circumstances?
- How can we learn to trust God during these times?
- How can we be encouraged that God uses people like Ruth, Tamar, Bathsheba, etc?
- Are you pursuing wisdom in your life? What does that look like?
- How can you have peace in your life?
- How can we pray for each other this week?